Human Resources Generalist / Business Partner Burbank, CA
Our client designs, manufactures, and markets highly engineered products principally for the aerospace and defense markets. They are seeking a strategic-minded Human Resources Generalist to support the administration, compliance and training of the organization. He/she will contribute to cultivating a culture of talented people, who share common goals and direction while consistently and proactively looking for ways to add value to the organization and improve our way of working. People are the key to our success.
• Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Proficient in HRIS databases to ensure the integrity of the data at all times; prepares internal and external reports to include headcount reports, union reporting, EEO-1, and AAP data reporting as well as ad-hoc reports as needed or requested.
• AAP/EEO administration to include auditing and maintaining the Applicant Tracking System to ensure the integrity and completeness of the data.
• Provides data and guidance for salary administration to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
• Plans and conducts new employee orientation and on-boarding to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
• Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
• Provides support for training and development program and initiatives which may include leadership and management skills.
• Prepares employee hire and separation packages with notices and related documentation.
• Maintains personnel files including US Person documentation and I-9 documentation ensuring compliance with current laws.
• Plans, coordinates and delivers cultural events that celebrate the team every contributor.
• Provides support to projects as needed including general filing.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• HR certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or other).
• 3-5 years’ experience as HR Generalist in an aerospace manufacturing environment or related industries, preferred, and work experience in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment. Union experience is beneficial.
• Advanced level of proficiency with human resource systems, applicant tracking systems, Internet browser, spreadsheets, presentation, project management, database integrity, and word processing software.
• Detail oriented to ensure work product is thorough, correct, and complete.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and vendors.
• Ability to pro-actively deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal as well as listening and inquiring skills.
• Bi-lingual English-Spanish
This is a full-time/direct-hire position.