NEWBURY PARK, CA
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
The Talent Acquisition Business Partner acts as a strategic partner by proactively identifying solutions to business issues within Human Resources by conducting talent acquisition and retention, supporting the employee relations process, and enhancing the positive work experience for our employee.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
The job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meet with hiring managers and conduct recruitment strategy meetings to review and agree upon specific recruiting plans and strategies for approved open positions.
- Work with hiring manager to ensure a job description is created for all new positions and/or updated for replacement positions.
- Create text for recruitment advertising and review with hiring managers to ensure job description is properly reflected.
- Provide training to managers who may need support on the recruitment tool.
- Provide support to managers in developing/formulating interview questions as needed.
- Determine most effective placement of recruitment advertising/posting to ensure all approved positions are filled with the most qualified and appropriate candidates at the lowest cost in the least amount of time using a variety of recruiting techniques and avenues.
- Source candidates through the necessary recruiting tools to include LinkedIn Recruiter, Boolean searches, resume databases, technical and niche job boards, and creative sourcing techniques.
- Be a subject matter expert in leveraging LinkedIn, cold calls, and other tools to identify passive candidates.
- Develop and maintain a database of qualified professionals.
- Promote the company as an Affirmative Action employer by evaluating recruitment strategies to insure we are reaching out to the appropriate sources to find diverse and qualified candidates for the company’s open positions. Utilizing the annual AAP, create additional recruiting strategies and opportunities to address any identified areas with the AAP.
- Create, implement, and support strategies for continuous improvement on promoting the company as an Employer of Choice.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with college, university, and community placement offices; employment agencies (both contingency search and temporary); advertising agencies; etc. and attend appropriate job/career fairs as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Manage recruitment effort, including conducting telephone screenings; holding personal interviews; working with the HR support team to schedule applicants with hiring managers and internal interviewing staff and conduct appropriate job testing; conducting reference verification; working with the external vendor to conduct background screening; authoring formal written offer letter; and extending employment offer.
- Coordinate details of relocation, when appropriate, including securing temporary housing, etc.
- Process Employee Referral Bonuses, at initial hire and at appropriate intervals.
- Participate in employee orientations for policies and procedures.
- Work with the Sr. HR Business Partner to track, analyze, and prepare hiring/termination data and cost analyses, specifically including open requisitions report, cost per hire report, exit interview analysis, etc.
- Conduct exit interviews for voluntary terminations.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of company HR policies, procedures and programs as well as employment law including federal, state, and local as appropriate.
The additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide back up support for any and all other HR functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications And Education:
Any combination equivalent to, but not limited to, the following:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required.
- At least 3 years of progressive corporate, exempt level, talent acquisition experience with a mid- to large-size company.
- Experience recruiting technical roles, desired.
- Working knowledge of recruitment strategies within various job boards, niche communities, social networking sites, universities, and the local area.
- Working knowledge of employment law, both federal and state.
- Previous experience with an applicant tracking system preferred.
- This position requires a perceptive person, who is capable of developing and maintaining positive relationships with individuals at all levels within the organization as well as with external resources and applicants. The individual must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and public image.
- High level of professionalism and business sophistication required.
- Incumbent must possess solid written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal capabilities, and strong presentation experience.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite of products