Our client welcomes people who share their determination and high standards to join them in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. They offer world-class control devices and subsystems — such as control grips, throttles, HaWC controllers, and communications interfaces — for today’s advanced cockpits, military vehicles, and other specialized applications. Our solutions fall into two broad categories: control products and communication.
Performs a wide variety of mechanical/electromechanical engineering assignments at an intermediate degree of complexity with minimal direction from Engineering Manager. Some latitude for independent action and decision.
- Performs product development activities including solid modeling layout and interpretation/implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements.
- Monitors and maintains product development schedules.
- Participates in customer technical interface meetings to refine specification requirements, design goals, and schedules.
- Participates in Concurrent Product Development (CPD) meetings.
- Works with Test Engineer to define testing requirements for product.
- Works with limited guidance on complex engineering activities including mechanical/electromechanical design studies and cost analysis.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of design standards.
- Coordinates mechanical/electromechanical design with responsible Design Engineer or Project Engineer.
- Applies Design For Manufacturing (DFM) techniques to product design
- Reviews designs with manufacturing to ensure ease of manufacture
- Maintain the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
- Understand and live by Esterline’s ethics and business conduct policies
- Experience with designing and analyzing multi-part mechanisms and mechanical/electromechanical assemblies.
- Attention to detail, tolerance, accuracy and speed of execution.
- Designing for Manufacturability.
- Metal and plastic part design and fabrication experience, Knowledge of investment cast aluminum.
- Significant breadth within materials science.
- Experience with, and understanding of, Military, aerospace and industry specifications.
- Electronic Packaging experience.
- High-end CAD experience, preferably with Solidworks.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with customers, vendors, and factory personnel.
- Advanced CAD/CAE experience, i.e. advanced surfacing, FEA.
- Experience with tool design and fabrication.
- Rapid Prototyping experience a plus.
- Experience in a Manufacturing or Manufacturing Engineering environment.
- Basic understanding of cost accounting.
- Familiarity with Industry Drafting Standards.
- Customer Focus – Knows and understands the needs of internal and external customers.Is results oriented and works hard to consistently provide exceptional service.
- Ethics and Values Adheres to an effective set of core values and beliefs and acts in accordance.Rewards the right values and disapproves of others.
- Problem Solving Looks beyond the obvious to find effective solutions.
- Integrity and Trust Widely trusted and seen as direct and truthful.
- Functional/Technical Skills Possesses the skills to be effective in the job.Has the skills to perform the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Listening Practices active and attentive listening, able to hear others.
- Action-oriented Full of energy, willing to take action.
- Composure Cool under pressure, not knocked off balance by the unexpected, is a settling influence
- Values Diversity Supports fair and equal treatment for all.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
- BSME; AS degree with significant and appropriate experience may be substituted for BSME degree.
- 5 years + experience in a product design environment
- 3-D computer-aided design experience would be valued:SolidWorks CAD system, capable of creating 3-D parts and assembly models using both original and team-generated inputs.
Work Hours: 7:00am to 3:30pm
This is a full-time/direct hire role. Qualified and interested applicants are urged to apply immediately: Jackie Hoofring, Avalon Recruiting, firstname.lastname@example.org, 805367.3260.