Reports To: R&D Technical Service Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time/Exempt
Quality Assurance Manager in a fast paced specialty chemical manufacturing facility. Responsible for all aspects of the Quality System and programs to ensure compliance to all regulations and key customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include but are not limited to:
- Development, Implementation, and Maintenance of Quality Programs for specialty chemical manufacturing.
- Maintain necessary documentation and record retention for facility audits such as FDA, EPA, Kosher, ISO, Green Certifications, etc.
- Investigate and prepare internal / external reports on quality complaints and investigations.
- Work with R&D on the development of product specifications.
- Routine audits of manufacturing to validate Quality program effectiveness.
- Analyses of finished product to ensure materials are within specification prior to release.
- Work with manufacturing to develop training programs for manufacturing employees based on key customer and regulatory requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field such as Chemistry, Biology, etc.
- Advanced problem solving skills and data analysis.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control.
- Working knowledge of FDA, ISO, EPA, Kosher requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Experience in Analytical testing such as wet chemistry techniques and instrumentation such as HPLC.
- Physical demands of this position require frequent employee to stand; walk; and sit for extended periods of time.