The Product Manager will carve the path for existing and new product introduction. Our client is a leading global provider of premium-branded products and solutions serving the image capture/content creation market(s). Their customers include award winning creative professionals at all levels of film, television and still-photography.
Overall Purpose of job:
• Works along with the technical and operations team drive the success of each brand’s products, achieving revenue and margin goals.
• Provides detailed and up to date communications to all stakeholders.
• Research and analysis of markets.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks:
• In conjunction with technical, manufacturing and executive team, works on the product roadmap and the NPI process.
• Gathers and develops the details of the product requirements document
• Designs, implements and reports on the voice of customer for proposed products and during the development process.
• Gathers and analyses market research to provide input to the NPI process
• Works with engineering and other sources to collect, organize and distribute technical information.
• Collects and tracks customer problems. Works to recommend solutions to existing products and to produce documentation detailing resolution.
• Provides technical, competitive and general product information to the sales team, service and to the market managers. Tracks changes and facilitates communication to the sales and marketing organization on an ongoing basis. Communicates competitive functionality and price trends. Ensures the product collateral is up to date and relevant.
• Participates in the NPI project teams.
• Provides detailed market research and analysis to the MM, PM, GM and sales team. Gathers and provides detailed analyses of the brand’s market. Makes recommendations as to market acquisition targets and strategy. Analyzes sales performance by product and region. Assists in the creation of the go to market plan.
• Works with the market managers to gather and analyze the regional competitive sales data and pricing information.
• Provides content for the website, marketing and other outreach communications.
• Manages the product PIMs. Keeps the PIM up to date with pricing and product information.
• Manages the products in IFS keeping the products up to date. Manages the inputs to the price list and updating the pricing information on an ongoing basis. Drives the price list updates from the brand perspective.
• Responsible for monitoring product costs and driving product cost down solutions.
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
• Some prior experience in Product Management or a related area in a company with an
international customer base.
• Proven organization skills
• Strong analytical skills
• Technically minded and capable with ability to absorb technical aspects, information and
• Cultural understanding, sensitivity and ability to adapt style to fit with different cultures.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
• Shown ability to analyze customers’ needs and convert them into product requirements.
• Strong self-motivated individual.
• Able to work under pressure and manage time and resources effectively
• Strong IT skills including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and CRM systems
• Experience in a manufacturing environment is valued as is device/electromechanical exposure.
• Experience of the Film and Video Production business is valued
Education & Qualifications:
Business/Commercial or a technical degree required. MBA desired.
Other Features of Job:
Some travel (25% of time)
Global locations – UK, France, Germany, Singapore, Japan, Beijing, USA, Costa Rica