Plant Manager Broomfield, CO
The Plant Manager will be responsible for operational excellence in support of world-class service delivery. Primary responsibilities include initial plant set up, resource alignment, order fulfillment, and coordinating support with the appropriate teams at the Californian headquarters.
Service leads the customer experience, and delivering an exceptional experience requires a unified front across the entire company. The Plant Manager will have responsibility for the successful setup of our new North American plant and will be responsible for directing and coordinating the site manufacturing activities. The Plant Manager will also be the senior manager on site to support all activities for the Executive Leadership Team when they are not present. The Plant Manager will manage teams to realize and maintain maximum efficiencies throughout the workforce and effectively bring the amazing culture of our company to life in the new plant. Initially, you will work at our California HQ to transition the manufacturing line and learn our manufacturing/operational expectations.
When taking on these responsibilities, it is important to consider our service purpose, which is to build trust and confidence with our suppliers. Our service purpose emphasizes how the organization should view and conduct itself and it expresses our desired impact on the lives of whoever we are trying to service, the lives of our suppliers and the lives of our workers themselves.
Knowledge & Experience
• The Plant Manager must be organized, detail-oriented, a critical thinker, able to quickly understand current processes and how they apply to the overall business
• 10-15 years of progressively increasing managerial experience in a manufacturing environment
• College degree or equivalent experience
• Excellent mechanical abilities
• Electro-mechanical assembly experience
• Experience with operational excellence, lean and/or six sigma (or similar) efficiency improvement program
• Thorough knowledge of applicable machine tools and usage
• Proven track record in controlling costs to budget
• Proven track record of successful problem solving utilizing critical thinking skills in a fast-paced environment
• Must possess and demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities and be able to motivate/engage personnel
• A strong background working within a team-based organization, including serving as a team member, SME, or as the lead of an integrated team
• Ability to read blueprints, engineering drawings and or/schematics
• Experience and success transitioning engineering protypes, first articles to full production rates for low volume, high mix environment
• Interact effectively with all levels of personnel
• Inspired supervisory and human relations skills
What you’ll do
• The Plant Manager will be responsible for the project management of the successful startup of the new facility in Broomfield, CO.
• The Plant Manager will be responsible for learning and transferring our company culture from North American company HQ in California to the new site outside of Denver, CO.
• The Plant Manager will be responsible for developing and managing a responsive, flexible manufacturing operation to meet the changing demands of the customer base
• Work with quality management to support the implementation of the new quality procedures throughout the production department for new, insourced work to be performed in plant.
• Work with North American HQ management to implement corrective, preventative, and continuous improvement actions
• Work with materials management to assure the materials needs are satisfied to meet or exceed daily shipping goals
• Develop short-and-long range goals and work with other departments to determine manufacturing capabilities and capacity requirements
• Participate in creating annual budgets and manage expenditures to achieve and operate within budgeted targets. Ensure production is run efficiently, waste is kept to a minimum, and equipment is maintained to company standards
• Manage cost improvement initiatives to achieve on-going operational cost optimization, interact with other managers and subordinates on continuous improvement of processes and employee performance
• Carry out managerial responsibilities according to the organization’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assisting, and directing, performance appraisals, rewarding and/or disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems
• Ensure that personnel are trained in assembly techniques, product quality, proper use of tools, and safety precautions
• Strong Engagement into New Product Development
• Interface with Engineering regarding special assembly or modification requests
• Support the Environmental, Health and Safety initiatives and advocate safety in the assigned to the area
• Ensure Quality Above All in all make areas
What you’ll do (continued)
• Train, develop, motivate, and lead a professional team to introduce and implement best-in-class concepts for productivity, yield, plan development, and quality
• Develop, monitor and manage to key metrics
• Lead the implementation of problem solving and other continuous improvement opportunities in the make areas
• Champion and drive adoption of the Business System Performance Measurements: Quality, Delivery and Cost
Leadership – Able to develop and share insights and the aptitude to mobilize and inspire others to action. Leadership is about finding possibilities and developing people, utilizing their strengths, and shaping the future.
Coaching & Talent Development – Overseeing talent development programs and efforts; taking interest in the advancement of subordinates; having a high rate of success of previous subordinates in other functional areas or organizations.
Organizational Agility – Overcoming barriers; finding solutions; having a positive attitude; being able to solve problems; finding resources to address a challenge; responding to a lack of formal resources.
Direct reports include:
• Finishing Supervisor (paint, machine shop, welding)
• Warehouse Supervisor (warehouse, shipping, receiving)
• Assembly Team
• Other dotted line accountability for support personnel
• The total team ranges from 20 to 40 full-time and temporary associates
This is a full-time/direct hire position.
Qualified and interested candidates are urged to apply immediately