PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position is responsible for the organization, movement, management, and accuracy of all company inventories.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Lean training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of warehousing and cycle counting.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a similar capacity or environment.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Excellent supervisory skills and project management skills.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of warehousing equipment and computer programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- APICS CPIM a plus.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (Listed in order of significance to the job):
- Maintains inventory location systems and accurate inventory data.
- Organizes and directs day-to-day warehouse functions, maximizing available space and assets.
- Supervises picking and production control personnel, monitors performance levels, and trains in procedures and equipment.
- Drives continuous improvement in all warehouse functions and areas. Keeps warehouse organized with an efficient process flow.
- Maintains a smooth flow of material movement using lean techniques to minimize staged inventory and WIP.
- Maintains an efficient and lean picking system, with the flexibility to prioritize and expedite orders as needed.
- Initiates corrective action for continuous improvement for efficiency and internal/external customer service.
- Assesses appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials.
- Reviews Safety procedures and makes suggestions regarding safety measures to the Safety Committee. Trains all necessary personnel on forklift and material mover safety.
- Manages warehouse projects as assigned.
- Performs employee reviews; takes disciplinary action as necessary within the company guidelines.
- Performs all other duties as directed.
- Communicates effectively with peer, subordinates, and superiors.
- Problems are defined and solved in a timely manner.
- Projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Inventory accuracy.
- Warehouse is clean and organized.
- On time delivery, quality, shortage and backorder metrics.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: EXEMPT
REPORTS TO: VP Manufacturing
Inventory level of approximately $12 million.
+/- 3 turns per year.
Approximately 40,000 purchased parts; 12,000 in inventory.
Approximately 3,000 current assemblies.
One manager, 3 leads, 24 indirect reports
This is a full-time direct-hire role. Qualified and interested candidates are urged to apply immediately: Jackie Hoofring, Avalon Recruiting, firstname.lastname@example.org.