Our client is a unique non-profit risk-sharing pool providing a comprehensive insurance and risk management program to independent charter schools in California. Created over 15 years ago by charter school leaders seeking a more affordable and reliable option for insurance and safety, they currently serve hundreds of school sites throughout California. Their business focuses on property and casualty insurance, proactive hands-on claims management and member services (includes all manner of risk and loss prevention mentoring).
As part of our offerings, we have an exceptional Human Resources department ready to answer our members’ questions and assist them through complex employer issues.
This attention to detail has won our clients’ loyalty and made a very positive impact in reducing risk on their campuses. We are adding a Human Resources Generalist to our team to continue superlative levels of service and response.
This new team member would report to the Director of Human Resources and provide support to our growing organization. With an emphasis on Employee Relations and compliance, this is an exciting opportunity for individuals looking to exercise their skills across all areas of HR – benefits administration, payroll processing, performance management, employee engagement, onboarding/offboarding, and legal compliance.
This is a “high-touch”, full-service role requiring superlative listening skills, empathy, patience and the willingness to ‘help’. A mentoring/teaching style of Human Resources would be a best fit for this position and our client-customers.
Primary Responsibilities for Human Resources Generalist
- Front-line email and phone contact to receive and triage members’ Human Resources questions. They generally need assistance in LOA, hire/termination, payroll/timecard/wage-and-hour, relocation, performance management and documentation. We cannot predict every scenario where our clients may look for assistance, so the right candidate can think on their feet and know where to find the right answer(s).
- This is a busy/fast paced role. It will have the feel of a Customer Service Center. We strive to get back to every customer within 24 hours of their call.
- This individual is expected to self-manage and prioritize.
- In additional to phone/email support, our HR representatives visit our school campuses on a rotating basis. Please estimate 1 to 2 days of trips to schools per work week. The territory ranges from Sacramento through San Diego.
- Business hours mirror school hours (8a-4p) but our representatives have found those hours can be a bit flexible.
- Our corporate HR office is in Chatsworth, CA, but strong/independent candidates may have the option to work from home.
Qualifications Human Resources Generalist
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 3-5 years of Human Resources experience
- Strong organizational skills, commitment to detail, and a self-starter who can prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to providing top-notch customer service
- Experience/knowledge in HR generalist skills: LOA, FMLA, hire/termination, EE counseling, investigation, HRIS/Payroll systems and processes and/or other traditional human resources administrative and organizational duties
- Computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Team player with a demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain effective professional relationships
- A strong and professional presence. The ability to earn trust and the respect our customer’s staff. Ability to visit the school campus and assess the client’s needs.
- Interest and commitment to assisting our charter schools in providing access to high-quality public schools for students from underserved communities
Compensation and Benefits Human Resources Generalist
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision. We also offer a generous vacation, sick, and holiday allocation and an exceptional 401K plan.
This role is being recruited and screened through Avalon Staffing.
Please send your confidential resume to: email@example.com
This is a full-time direct-hire role.
Qualified and interested candidates are urged to apply immediately.