HARDWARE TEAM MANAGER, ELECTRICAL ENGINEER
New York, NY
As a Hardware Team Leader, you will be responsible for the definition and development of embedded electrical and mechanical assemblies in the Mobile Power segment of the Broadcast, Cinema and Video Markets. Your role will include both the individual contribution of embedded hardware development as well as leading a team of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers on a variety of projects. You will be responsible for making sure the team’s output meets product/project requirements and is delivered within scheduled timelines.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks
• Lead a highly innovative team developing embedded electrical and mechanical assemblies for mobile power equipment through the entire lifecycle of ideation to obsolescence.
• Observe professional best practices for design standards, qualification practices, regulatory compliance testing, and documentation.
• Foster a team environment, collaborating closely with other functional teams spread throughout Europe and North America.
• Perform Technical Leader tasks including requirements analysis, operational concept development, design reviews, and general troubleshooting.
• Foster personal growth within the team using business objectives and personal development activities as metrics; tracking these through the year using 1 on 1’s and team meetings.
• Actively participate in the electrical design and validation of embedded electrical circuits using schematic capture and layout tools.
• Advance company capabilities in the areas of electrical circuit testing and develop new and faster methods of validating designs.
• Create and manage development schedules and resource allocation for the team in collaboration with project management.
• Demonstrate, understand, and apply new technology and new approaches to solving complex problems.
• Tracking team commitments and demonstrating accomplishments to the company on a weekly basis.
• Track budgetary spending both in terms of man-hours and physical expenditure.
• Provide technical leadership for development projects and team.
• Work alongside Engineering/project management to provide enough resource allocation and workload projections for project planning and tracking.
Knowledge & Skills
• Excellent communicator
• 3+ years of leadership experience
• 5+ years of experience with Product Development.
• 5+ years of experience in a team environment.
• Experience with mechanical production methods such as stamping, machining, and plastic
• Experience with troubleshooting electrical circuits.
• Experience designing embedded system hardware.
• Experience with the design of DC/DC power supplies from ranging from 5W to 200W.
• Experience with regulatory compliance testing for safety and electromagnetic compatibility of
electrical products as well as mitigation techniques.
• Someone who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment.
• Experience with the PADs circuit design tool suite from Mentor Graphics.
• Experience in the design of multi-cell battery pack fuel gauging and protection circuitry.
Education & Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
A strong candidate will have an Advanced degree, MSEE preferred