Senior Embedded Engineer
As a Senior Embedded Engineer you will be responsible for the definition and development of embedded software for Professional LED Lighting Luminaires – we serve Broadcast, Cinema and Video Markets. Your output will include System Control, U.I. and Wireless Communications Development for WDMX, BLE and iOT protocols.
Our products are in every major film, television, still-photography and broadcast studio. We pioneered the technical ability to capture reality TV; our products even orbit the earth in the International Space Station.
Main Responsibilities & Tasks of Senior Embedded Engineer
- Work with a highly innovative team developing embedded software for professional lighting equipment. Assume responsibility for the timely development and quality control of your output.Observance of professional best practices for code modularity, documentation and test of your output.
- Work in a team environment, collaborating closely with teammates locally and domestically. Periodic travel for alignment of strategies, goals, brainstorming and task sharing with corporate HQ.
- Perform Technical Leader tasks including requirements analysis, operational concept development, software design and development, design reviews, and general problem solving.
- Must have the ability to architect the structure of the code before writing it.
- Advance company capabilities in the areas of wireless communications and mobile device applications experience.Assist in the Development of robust and platform-independent APIs with the Software team.
- Apply deep and broad understanding of Embedded hardware and software technology to develop creative applications for both Broadcast Video and Medical products.
- Provide technical leadership for development projects and team.
- Demonstrate, understand, and apply new technology and new approaches to solving complex problems.
- Making and keeping commitments and demonstrating your accomplishments to the company on a weekly basis.
- In addition to lighting products, role will grow candidate’s abilities for complex Battery Management systems co-development.
Desired Knowledge & Skills of Senior Embedded Engineer:
- Excellent communicator
- 5+ years of experience with Product Development
- 5+ years of experience in a team environment
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience writing and conducting Validation and Verification plans
- Experience programming in C
- Working knowledge of embedded RTOS concepts
- Working knowledge of electronic circuit analysis. Understands concepts of data conversion and
other mixed-signal circuitry.
- Someone who thrives on solving problems and working in a team environment
- Experience working in a pair programming environment.
Education & Qualifications of Senior Embedded Engineer:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
A strong candidate will have an Advanced degree, MSCS preferred
This is a full-time/direct hire role. Qualified and interested candidates are urged to apply swiftly: Jackie Hoofring, Avalon Staffing, email@example.com, (805) 367-3260