HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
We welcome people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets.
We are seeking a strategic Human Resources Director to support and guide in the delivery of organizational solutions for our employees. They will be responsible for evolving and delivering the core HR practices established and will contribute at a hands-on level to cultivate a culture of talented people, who share common goals and direction. People are the key to our success.
The HR Director will partner with business teams to develop and execute the HR strategies and activities that foster collaboration, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. The HR Director will be an experienced and hands-on person with strength in solving organizational and employment issues; being influential and persuasive, partnering with business leaders; and being passionate about driving cultural change.
• Manage the Human Resource department including the full range of Human Resource functions. Develop department goals, objectives, systems, and budgets.
• Partner with business leaders to communicate/interpret/implement policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
• Implement and update compensation and recognition program; review annual salary surveys and participate in developing the merit pool (salary budget); analyze compensation.
• Oversee administration of all benefits programs; both locally developed as well as those driven from parent company.
• Oversee recruitment for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; develop diverse recruiting sources; conduct on-boarding process.
• Develop and maintain affirmative action program; collect and supplies EEO-1 reporting data annually; maintain other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Manage and resolve employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations; create and maintain associated documentation. Maintains knowledge of changes in HR law and important issues which could affect the business and proactively understand impact.
• Manage labor/union relations functions. Ensure effective communication between the union, employees and management.
• Provide day to day performance management guidance to leaders (coaching, counseling, career development and corrective action). Work closely with leaders and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention. Ensures fairness and organizational consistency in everything we do.
• Evaluate HR systems, programs, practices, workflows and materials; perform gap analysis and implement cost effective solutions for streamlining HR business processes applying lean manufacturing principles and techniques.
• Responsible for worker’s compensation administration.
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology, or other related discipline required.
• Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in all aspects of Human Resources.
• 2+ years of experience leading and developing a high performing HR team
• Experience supporting multiple functions
• Demonstrated experience /capability in the development of business partnerships to drive change within a business
• Thorough working knowledge of contemporary practices in the development, implementation and administration of HR topics, programs and policies.
• Strong HRIS and Microsoft Office suite skills
• Strong project management skills with ability to manage short term deliverables concurrent with longer-term strategic milestones
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Executive presence and strong presentation skills preferred
• Strong analytical skills
• Ability to consult with and influence business leaders
• Aerospace or manufacturing experience preferred
• Union experience preferred
• Experience in a multi-cultural manufacturing setting where cross-cultural diversity is highly regarded. Bi-lingual communication skills in English and Spanish would be valued. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Expert skills in employee relations