Corporate Controller Suburb of New Orleans, LA
The Corporate Controller is responsible for month end close and consolidation and to ensure the Company reports accurate and timely information to internal and external parties, including budgets. Maintains adequate internal controls and segregation of duties and works with outside third parties such as banks and auditors. Creates reporting as necessary for immediate ‘pulse’ of business. Acts as consistent sounding board for operations executives and the Board of Directors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Supervise accounting department, mentor and manage team’s KPIs and IDPs
• Execute Month End Close and prepare for Financial Statement consolidation
o Prepare/Review JE’s
o Reserve analysis
o Review reconciliations at month end
o Consolidation accuracy
o Analyze financial statements
• Manage in GAAP-style reporting and preparation of annual report
• Manage public accounting audits
• Participate in budget process and risk management (insurance)
• Oversee banking relationship
• Assist and tax planning
• Maintain internal control system, recommend areas for improvement both financial and operational, and establish new accounting policies and procedures.
• Various other tasks, duties, and/or projects as needed and assigned
Education, Work Experience & Special Skills / Licenses:
• Advanced skills in Excel and all of Microsoft Office
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to communicate to perform your job in English; verbal written and comprehension
• BA degree in a related field necessary, advanced degree appreciated
• CPA is not required (but valued) as is work public accountancy and/or US GAAP
• 10+ years of accounting experience
• Experience with Enterprise Accounting Software
• Experience in chemical, flavor, fragrance or food manufacturing highly valued
• Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.