Controller Los Angeles, CA
Provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, budget management and departmental financing and ensure company accounting procedures conform to accepted accounting principles. Includes the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results. Direct, prepare, and analyze financial information for both internal management and external reporting purposes, such as financial statements, account reconciliations, and forecasts.
• Provide all assistance needed for the annual audit
• Ensure that payables are paid in a timely manner
• Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
• Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
• Provide for a system of management cost reports
• Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
• Issue timely and complete financial statements
• Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
• Maintain the chart of accounts
• Lead the production of the annual budget
• Provide financial analyses as needed
• Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
• Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
• Submit required reports to IRS-EDD and banking institutions.
• Participate in financial process improvements, internal and external audits, and special projects.
Monitor and analyze monthly operating results.
• Manage staff and oversee daily operations of the finance department.
• Prepare interim and Y/E financial statements for parent, include supporting schedules and audits of package support
• Prepare and adjust general journal and ledger entries
Knowledge and skill requirements
• 10+ years progressive finance and accounting experience. Strong preference for candidates with manufacturing experience
• Demonstrated analytical and self-management skills.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounting practices, policies, and procedures, budgeting, and cost control principles; knowledge of financial and reporting systems.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Extensive experience with a computer based general ledger/ERP
• Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and knowledge.
• CPA or advanced degree preferred.