PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of the position is to provide leadership with a Lean/Six Sigma focus resulting in the deployment of proven CI methods and tools resulting in measurable and sustained improvement within a few related value streams.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
• Ability to act as a change agent and influence, both internal and external functional areas
• Ability to integrate and apply solutions for quality performance and continual improvement, both breakthrough and systematic throughout the organization
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to lead and develop a vision and strategy for process improvement through lean/six sigma initiatives and gain active alignment support for that strategy by all organizational stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to attract, lead, coach, motivate, and develop others.
• Solid understanding of statistical concepts and methods to ensure appropriate application and analysis of data
• Understanding, supporting and leading the implementation of Best Practices, LEAN Manufacturing techniques and Six Sigma methodologies.
• Significant understanding of lean manufacturing principles.
• Strong time management, problem solving and project management skills
• Practical and results oriented
• Bachelor of Science in management or a technical field required
• Greenbelt certification required
• Blackbelt strongly preferred (and must be obtained within 12 months of entering the role if not)
• 10 + years of professional experience in a manufacturing environment
• Demonstrated success in implementing Lean/Six Sigma concepts
• Prior leadership experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Demonstrates a mindset and commitment to continuous improvement across the operation (i.e. defines improvement goals, establishes
accountability through metrics, uses Lean/Six Sigma tools and techniques to continually improve processes and business results,
and establishes a mindset within operations to document and control processes; promotes safety and housekeeping; uses facilitative
• Acts as a liaison across the business segment with other functional areas
• Accountable for the technical aspects of problem solving, systems implementation and validation for projects and services (e.g. Technical Quality or Continuous Improvement)
• Provide leadership to indirect staff by leading, supporting and coaching members ensuring continual development of competencies.
• Collaborate with other departments and organizations to enable success
• Utilizes resources to conceive and implement lean continuous improvement projects
• Stays abreast of current continuous improvement trends and methodologies
• Supports other cross functional departments with expertise and manpower to the extent possible when process improvement is required
• May be responsible for driving effective organization containment and corrective action processes to support product or quality
• Quality Tracking metrics
• TRACC Implementation Progress
• OTD, Backorders, Lead Time and error tracking metrics
• Improved efficiency in Customer Facing areas