Senior Civil Designer Pasadena, CA
Our client, a Pasadena based Engineering and Design firm to Fortune 500 companies, is seeking a Senior Civil Design Engineer with 5-10 years of civil site design experience. This position will report to the Civil Engineering Unit Manager and provide design support as directed on new and exciting projects.
• Conceptual, Preliminary, and Construction Document level Site Plan Analysis and Design
• Determination of Civil / Storm water design requirements
• Site Drainage/Storm water design
• Utility Plan Design: Sanitary Sewer Service and Water Service
• Demolition and Erosion Control Plan Design
• Entitlement and Construction Document design submittals
• Design coordination of outside design consultants (civil, survey, and landscape)
• Development of LID, WQMP, Hydrology Reports, SWPPP, Cost Estimates, and NOI plans and applications.
• Bid and construction support
• Actively manages all aspects of assigned civil projects including Control, Organization, Planning and Communication with internal staff and external consultants to ensure the efficient, cost effective, timely completion of projects.
• Accountable for all assigned civil design activities, including the technical accuracy, budget, reporting, and timeliness of all assigned projects.
• Coordinates the efforts of all disciplines to ensure that all deliverable packages are complete, accurate and comply with customer’s standards and specifications.
• Verifies drawings have been checked and signed off by designated personnel.
• Approves all drawing packages, exhibits and documents assembled.
• Accountable for the quality and accuracy of all Civil Engineering project deliverables and exhibits.
• Accountable for CAD file maintenance, retrieval, and file issuance.
• Accountable for notification to project manager’s, prior to commencement of work, for additional design services requests outside the contracted scope of services.
• Assists Unit Manager in coordinating the civil design personnel and consultants to ensure all assigned project timelines are met.
• As needed, provides periodic supervision of small civil design work teams, and serves as acting Civil Unit Manager in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable
laws. Supervisory responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; and assistance in resolving problems.
• Understands and applies all relevant company, client, jurisdictional, and engineering design standards and procedures.
• Possess solid technical expertise, competency and understanding of applicable engineering design criteria and design codes.
• Soft Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and able to work in a team environment or independently.
Education and Experience:
• College or University program certificate; or 5-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Over 5 years’ experience in preparing schematic, entitlement and construction document level site plans and civil engineering documents; coordinating multi- project disciplines
• Experience in performing QA/AC
• Advanced knowledge of Autoturn CAD Analysis, AutoCAD Civil 3D (i.e., feature lines, surfaces, grading labels, earthwork, and profiles)
This is a Full Time, Direct Hire, Exempt position. Salary commensurate with skill and experience.