Business Unit Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Our aerospace client is growing and expanding rapidly: they are hunting for management talent to support the high demand of their unique product offering. They are a lean organization and the successful candidate will work through all levels of the team: from the floor to the executive suite.
The Business Unit Manager position will drive the success of a business segment- a successful candidate will have an ‘owner’ mentality.
You will need to communicate effectively across all skill sets: sales, quality, engineering and production staff to drive projects to satisfactory and timely completion for our customers.
You must combine creative/data-driven solutions to manage risk while having the emotional intelligence necessary for terrific leadership.
Responsible for leading and coordinating all business activities related to our custom engineered products through an integrated multifunction team with ultimate P&L responsibility.
This position will actively participate in sustaining our unique culture and focus on our three value drivers: profitable new business, value driven pricing and productivity.
- Leading a matrixed product line team.
- Prioritize activities for the product line team.
- Drive new and sustaining business through the proposal, onboarding and production processes.
- Know/Own the Business: customers, competitors, short and long-term risk. You will assess the value of products to our customers and play an active role in pricing. Your knowledge will drive win-win outcomes in negotiations and position our products for future demand.
- Along with the sales team, you will develop the long-range sales strategy and forecasts for the product line, including our annual business plan.
- Review/approval of all contracts and T&C’s.
- Preparation of monthly, mid-quarter, and quarterly product segment and new business reports for sales and bookings.
- Presenting quarterly and annual reports on product line performance to senior corporate management.
- Learning the technical specifics and usage applications of the product line. Having some technical acumen and mechanical aptitude is an absolute must.
- Training support for sales, representatives and distributors on products, new technology, and capabilities for respective product line.
- Coordinate preparation of marketing literature, brochures, and catalogs with Sales Director.
- A Bachelors’ Degree (technical preferred/or technical experience) with a track history of growth and promotion.
- Preference given to MBA/MS degreed candidates
- 10+ Years of Engineering Operations, Product Management/NPI, Engineering Sales, Sales Operations and or Business Unit Management. P&L Responsibility a must.
- Preference for Aviation/Aerospace experience, but similar industrial manufacturing experience is appreciated. AS9100 Environments preferred.
- Experience managing teams of 50 or more
This is a full-time/direct hire role.