Reporting to the Controller, this role is responsible for all the cost accounting related activities of the company.
This hands-on role will be responsible for the integrity of the company’s costing systems and the associated financial information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned. Responsibilities/Duties/ Skills Include:
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of the Standard Costing System.
- Analyze Material, Labor and Overhead variances and determine root cause of the variances
- Analyze Purchase Price Variances.
- Review all inventory related transactions for errors and insure proper impact on both the G/L and perpetual records.
- Calculate and rollup standard material, labor and overhead rates per company policy.
- Perform monthly accounting close process including journal entries
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly reporting to management
- Reconcile all inventory related balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Calculate and maintain appropriate reserves for excess/obsolete inventory.
- Monitor and provide support to the company’s cycle count program, including reporting and root cause analysis
- Lead annual physical inventory process and related reconciliation.
- Provide inputs into the company’s forecasting and budgeting processes.
- Support new product development with project projections, BOM and router development
- Work closely with operations team on a daily basis
- Other Adhoc requests/projects as needed
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Analysis, Risk-aware, Internal Controls, Reconciliation, Multi-tasking, High Degree of integrity and confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Highly analytical
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Hands on approach
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Can-do attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi task
- Ability to meet deadlines
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must have 4-year degree in Accounting
- Must have a minimum of 7 years cost accounting within a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience working with MRP systems
- Syspro experience a plus, not required
Qualified and interested candidates are urged to apply immediately. Jackie Hoofring, Avalon Staffing, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office:805.367.3260
This is a direct-hire/full-time position.